Forums > News And Gossips > Hamza Abbasi turned down role in “Baby” due to anti-Pakistan element
  • Page 1 of 1
awmps

4826 days old here
Total Posts: 1626

Subject : Hamza Abbasi turned down role in “Baby” due to anti-Pakistan element
Actor Hamza Ali Abbasi said on Monday that he was offered a role in the Indian film ‘Baby’ which he turned down due to an ‘anti-Pakistan element’ in the movie.

"I was offered this Indian film BABY last year and i immediately said no to it seeing a slight anti Pakistan element in its storyline. I am in favour of our artists working in Indian films, but if any film even has a slight anti Pakistan theme, please think like a PAKISTANI first and then an artist".

The actor went on to say that he supports Pakistani artists working in Indian films in general but not if it contains anti-Pakistan content. “Please think like a Pakistani first and then an artist,” Abbasi added. The Pakistan Film Censor Board has banned the exhibition of ‘Baby’ which stars Akshay Kumar in lead role. The team of the movie ‘Baby’ was in a state of shock over the ban in Pakistan. Producer Bhushan Kumar said “If you watch the film, you will know we are not talking about a country, we are only talking about terrorism.” While emphasising the need to move beyond borders and look at the universal problem of terrorism, the actor Anupam Kher said “The film is about anti-terrorism. Sometimes it is important to go beyond territories and understand who is the enemy — is it a country or a bunch of people?”

no likes.

Posted on January, 30 2015 02:25:36 PM

• Page 1 of 1