Forums > News And Gossips > I wanted to build a home together: Reham Khan
  • Page 1 of 1
lescol

3936 days old here
Total Posts: 6369

Subject : I wanted to build a home together: Reham Khan
“When we married each other we wanted the best for each other. We wanted to lead a life together, to build a home— that’s what every Pakistani woman wants, that’s what every woman wants from her marriage,” she said.

Talking about the time when Imran proposed her she said, “I was still healing from a previous divorce.

I told Imran that I did not know him, how could I marry him, but he insisted that things would get better.”

She did not marry the “PTI chief Imran Khan” or the “cricket icon” for that matter. “I married Imran because I thought we had lead the same kind of lives because he was also divorced.”

“It took me 10 years to rebuild my life and create a name for my self after my first marriage.

After marrying Imran I did not want my life to be scrutinized or my privacy disrupted. But Imran had insisted that once I become Mrs Imran Khan, people would stop talking.”

In a reply to a question about her wish to enter politics, she said, “I did not want to enter politics, I could not because I am a dual national. I am not a member of PTI, nor have I read its ideology.”

But then why did she support PTI publicly. “I supported Imran because he was my husband.

I am always involved with anything that my family does– even if its my son. I would have supported Imran even if he was not a politician– even if he was doing dental surgery.”

So will Imran Khan become Prime Minister. “I am not an astrologist. I don’t know. But I hope and pray Imran gets what he aspires for.”

“Our marriage broke because somewhere down we realized we were two very different people.

We realized we could not lead happy lives together. That’s why we got divorced. That’s why people decide to get divorced.”

no likes.

Posted on November, 21 2015 10:43:17 AM

• Page 1 of 1