Forums > Religion > ORIGIN OF ‘QURBANI’?
  • Page 1 of 1
waheedanjum

4629 days old here
Total Posts: 317

Subject : ORIGIN OF ‘QURBANI’?
This act of ‘Udhiya’ is to commemorate the unparalleled sacrifice offered by the Prophet Ibrahim peace and blessings be upon him. When he, in pursuance to a command of Allah Ta’ala conveyed to him in a dream, prepared himself to slaughter his beloved son Ismail peace and blessings be upon him and actually did so, but Allah Almighty after testing him of his submission, sent down a ram and saved his son from the logical fate of slaughter. It is from that time onwards that the sacrifice of an animal became an obligatory duty to be performed by every well to do Muslim.
Concerning this incident the Glorious Quran says:

"And when he attained the age of running with him (Ibrahimpeace and blessings be upon him), he said: "O my son verily I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering thee, so look, considerest thou?" He said: "O my father! Do that which thou art commanded, thou shalt find me, Allah willing, of the patients."

"Then when the two submitted themselves and had prostrated him on his temple."

"We cried unto him: "O Ibrahim! Of a surety thou hast fulfilled the vision. Verily We! That was a trial manifest. And We ransomed him with a mighty victim. And We left for him among the posterity. Peace be unto Ibrahim. Verily We! Thus we compense the well doers. Verily he was one of Our believing bondsmen." (37:102-111)
Thus this very incident is also the origin of ‘Takbeer-e-Tashreeq’.

Eminent jurispudents have stated that the origin of the ‘Takbeer-e-Tasreeq’ is when the Prophet Ibrahim peace and blessings be upon him made Hazrat Ismail peace and blessings be upon him lie down, Allah ordered Hazrat Jibraeel peace and blessings be upon him to take along a ‘fidyah’(ransom) and when Hazrat Jibraeel peace and blessings be upon him arrived there, he feared that Hazrat Ibrahim peace and blessings be upon him would slaughter Ismail peace and blessings be upon him and so he began shouting "Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar."

Hearing his voice, Prophet Ibrahim peace and blessings be upon him took it as a glad tiding and exclaimed, "Laa ilaaha allallahu wallahu akbar."

Hazrat Ismail peace and blessings be upon him also came to know that the ‘fidyah’ arrived and he got up saying, "Allahu akbar wa lillahil hamd," and began to eulogise and thank Allah.

no likes.

Posted on November, 06 2011 01:03:31 PM

Txtyle

4791 days old here
Total Posts: 1055

nice lenghty description

no likes.

Posted on December, 20 2013 03:38:11 AM

wajahat786

4029 days old here
Total Posts: 2662

very nice but very lengthy bro...