Recipe for Daal wali Kachori
- 2 Cups Whole wheat flour (Atta)
- 2 tbsp. Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- For the Filling :
- ½ Cup Moong Dhuli Daal (Split Green Gram)
- 1 tbsp. Ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3 Green chillies, finely chopped
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp. Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- ½ tsp. Amchur powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Clove powder
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds slightly crushed
- ½ tsp Coriander seeds slightly crushed
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds, slightly crushed
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves,chopped
- 1 tbsp. Oil
Make a not too soft dough(as for puri’s) using flour, salt, ghee and water.Set aside for atleast half hour.
Wash and rinse the soaked Moong Dal.
Put moistened Dal in a blender, or a processor with minimum possible water. We want a coarse grind, not a fine paste. It should be grainy.
In a pan add oil and add asafoetida, ginger, chillies,all the seeds(cumin, coriander and fennel), salt, then add all dry powders. Saute for
few seconds and add the daal. Cook on medium heat to get rid of moisture. The stuffing should be damp and not wet. It should form like a very stiff dough. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Heat the sufficient oil in a kadai for frying kachoris.
Take the flour dough and divide it into even sized balls and roll into a small poori and put the filling in the center. Gather the edges and seal. Now again roll it like a poori. Make all kachoris in the same manner.
Now add the kachori to the heated oil and fry till golden and crisp
Drain on a paper to remove access oil and serve hot.
by Pak101.com (few years ago!) / 767 views