Forums > News And Gossips > Zoheb Hassan is Filing a Lawsuit Against PSL for Illegally Using Disco Deewane
  • Page 1 of 1
awmps

4826 days old here
Total Posts: 1626

Subject : Zoheb Hassan is Filing a Lawsuit Against PSL for Illegally Using Disco Deewane
Zoheb Hassan has called out the Pakistan Super League (PSL) management, along with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials, for copyright infringement. The iconic song, Disco Deewane, was performed during the opening ceremony of PSL by Shuja Haider and Aima Baig. However, Zoheb Hassan lashed out at the management for using late Nazia Hassan’s hit without permission.

Sharing his disappointment on Facebook, Zoheb wrote:
"I was shocked to see that a reputable platform like PSL used our track Disco Dewane without our prior permission. Outright infringement of intellectual property should be condemned and I am going to take a legal stand on this one." Zoheb then reached out to a local media outlet and claimed that he is going to ‘make an example out of this.’ He further added that intellectual property has to be respected and acknowledged across the board. "This is not only for me or my song. Copyrights need to be respected across the board. Nazia was a very kind soul and she is not here with us today but even she would have been unhappy about it." Lastly, Zoheb said that he has reached out to PSL management but there is no clear outcome as of yet.

no likes.

Posted on February, 16 2019 03:46:26 AM

• Page 1 of 1