Forums > Religion > ~*H.A.D.I.T.H*~ of the Day 14-sep
waheedanjum

4634 days old here
Total Posts: 317

Subject : ~*H.A.D.I.T.H*~ of the Day 14-sep
Just wanted to make a thread where we can learn at least one hadith a day, which might act as a drop by drop additon to our knowledge from the sea of wisdom left to us by our great Prophet (saw).

I would start with this wonderful and comprehensive key to success in this life and hereafter.

Khalid ibn al Walîd (Radi Allahu Ta'ala anhu) narrated the following hadith:

A Bedouin came one day to the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alahi wasallam) and said to him,

'O, Messenger of Allah! I've come to ask you a few questions about the affairs of this Life and the Hereafter.'

- 'Ask what you wish' said Rasulullah

no likes.

Posted on September, 14 2011 02:41:06 PM

atif03

4803 days old here
Total Posts: 7660

Allah's Apostle said, "If anyone of you can get one Rak'a of the 'Asr prayer before sunset, he should complete his prayer. If any of you can get one Rak'a of the Fajr prayer before sunrise, he should complete his prayer."

no likes.

Posted on October, 22 2011 05:32:17 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here
Total Posts: 1215

Narrated Abu Huraira (Ra):

Allah's Apostle (Pbuh) said, "Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not harm his neighbour, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet.”

[Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim]

no likes.

Posted on October, 23 2011 05:42:13 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Narrated Ubai bin Ka'b:
I found a purse containing one hundred Diners. So I went to the Prophet (and informed him about it), he said, "Make public announcement about it for one year" I did so, but nobody turned up to claim it, so I again went to the Prophet who said, "Make public announcement for another year." I did, but none turned up to claim it. I went to him for the third time and he said, "Keep the container and the string which is used for its tying and count the money it contains and if its owner comes, give it to him; otherwise, utilize it."
The sub-narrator Salama said, "I met him (Suwaid, another sub-narrator) in Mecca and he said, 'I don't know whether Ubai made the announcement for three years or just one year.' "
Volume 3, Book 42, Number 608BUKHARI)

no likes.

Posted on October, 23 2011 05:45:21 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Narrated Abu Musa:

The Prophet said, "The example of Muslims, Jews and Christians is like the example of a man who employed laborers to work for him from morning till night. They worked till mid-day and they said, 'We are not in need of your reward.' SO the man employed another batch and said to them, 'Complete the rest of the day and yours will be the wages I had fixed (for the first batch). They worked Up till the time of the 'Asr prayer and said, 'Whatever we have done is for you.' He employed another batch. They worked for the rest of the day till sunset, and they received the wages of the two former batches."

Hadees no.533, The Book Of Times Of The Prayers, Sahi Bukhari

no likes.

Posted on October, 23 2011 05:49:42 PM

tariqbangashpk

4826 days old here
Total Posts: 1300

Vol 1, Book 2, No 15: Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith: 1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else. 2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake. 3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."

no likes.

Posted on October, 24 2011 12:40:31 PM

tariqbangashpk

4826 days old here

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger." [Bukhari: Vol. 8, Book 73, # 135]

no likes.

Posted on October, 24 2011 12:42:39 PM

tariqbangashpk

4826 days old here

Tolerance towards other faiths:

A funeral procession passed in front of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and he stood up. When he was told by the people that it was the coffin of a jew, he said, "Was he not a human being?"

(Bukhari Book #23, Hadith #399)

no likes.

Posted on October, 24 2011 12:43:53 PM

tariqbangashpk

4826 days old here

Allah does not look at your bodies nor your forms, but He looks at your hearts and your actions. [Bukhari & Muslim]

no likes.

Posted on October, 24 2011 12:45:05 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Sahih Bukhari Book 41. Loans, Payment of Loans, Freezing of Property, Bankruptcy.

Narated By Abu Huraira : A man came to the Prophet and demanded a camel (the Prophet owed him). Allah's Apostle told his companions to give him (a camel). They said, "We do not find except an older camel (than what he demands). (The Prophet ordered them to give him that camel). The man said, "You have paid me in full and may Allah also pay you in full." Allah's Apostle said, "Give him, for the best amongst the people is he who repays his debts in the most handsome manner."

no likes.

Posted on October, 24 2011 01:03:10 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Sahih Bukhari Book 41. Loans, Payment of Loans, Freezing of Property, Bankruptcy.

Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet owed a camel of a certain age to a man who came to demand it back. The Prophet ordered his companions to give him. They looked for a camel of the same age but found nothing but a camel one year older. The Prophet told them to give it to him. The man said, "You have paid me in full, and may Allah pay you in full." The Prophet said, "The best amongst you is he who pays his debts in the most handsome manner."

no likes.

Posted on October, 24 2011 01:04:00 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Narated By Jabir bin Abdullah : I went to the Prophet while he was in the Mosque. (Mis'ar thinks, that Jabir went in the forenoon.) After the Prophet told me to pray two Rakat, he repayed me the debt he owed me and gave me an extra amount.

no likes.

Posted on October, 24 2011 01:04:40 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Sahih Bukhari Book 08. Prayers (Salat)
Print
Narated By 'Aisha : The mother of believers: Allah enjoined the prayer when He enjoined it, it was two Rakat only (in every prayer) both when in residence or on journey. Then the prayers offered on journey remained the same, but (the Rakat of) the prayers for non-travellers were increased.

no likes.

Posted on October, 26 2011 03:33:17 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Print
Narated By Um 'Atiya : We were ordered to bring out our menstruating women and veiled women in the religious gatherings and invocation of Muslims on the two 'Id festivals. These menstruating women were to keep away from their Musalla. A woman asked, "O Allah's Apostle ' What about one who does not have a veil?" He said, "Let her share the veil of her companion."

no likes.

Posted on October, 26 2011 03:34:03 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Print
Narated By Muhammad bin Al Munkadir : I saw Jabir bin 'Abdullah praying in a single garment and he said that he had seen the Prophet praying in a single garment.

no likes.

Posted on October, 26 2011 03:36:35 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Sahih Muslim Book 06. Fasting

Chapter : Fasting in Ramadan should necessarily be commenced with the sight of the new moon and finished with the sight of the new moon. If the weather is cloudy at the beginning or at the end, then complete thirty days.

Ibn Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) made a mention of Ramadan and he with the gesture of his hand said: The month is thus and thus. (He then withdrew his thumb at the third time). He then said: Fast when you see it, and break your fast when you see it, and if the weather is cloudy calculate it (the months of Sha'ban and Shawwal) as thirty days.

no likes.

Posted on October, 27 2011 02:05:16 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Chapter : Fasting in Ramadan should necessarily be commenced with the sight of the new moon and finished with the sight of the new moon. If the weather is cloudy at the beginning or at the end, then complete thirty days.

'Ubaidullah narrated on the authority of the same chain of transmitters that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) made a mention of Ramadan and said: The month may consist of twenty-nine days, and it may be thus, thus and thus, and (he further) said: Calculate it, but he did not say thirty.

no likes.

Posted on October, 27 2011 02:06:07 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

'Abdullah b. 'Umar (Allah be pleased with both of them) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The month (of Ramadan) may consist of twenty nine days; so when you see the new moon observe fast and when you see (the new moon again at the commencement of the month of Shawwal) then break It, and if the sky is cloudy for you, then calculate it (and complete thirty days).

no likes.

Posted on October, 27 2011 02:06:39 PM

asimraza

4821 days old here
Total Posts: 459

no likes.

Posted on October, 27 2011 05:34:33 PM

atif03

4803 days old here
Total Posts: 7660

The messenger of Allah took me by the shoulder and said : "Be in the world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer." The son of Omar used to say: "At evening do not expect [to live till] morning, and at morning do not expect [to live till] evening. Take from your health for your illness and from your life for your death."

no likes.

Posted on October, 28 2011 04:52:11 PM

ashfaq786

4815 days old here

Sahih Muslim Book 15. Oath

Chapter : It is forbidden to take the oaths in the name of anyone else besides Allah.

'Umar b. al-Khattib reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah, the Great and Majestic, forbids you to swear by your fathers. Umar said: By Allah. I have never sworn (by my father) since I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbidding it mentioning them "on my behalf" nor on behalf of someone else.

no likes.

Posted on October, 28 2011 06:34:43 PM